Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A blur to London

Leaving Nuremberg and Wurzburg seem a blur. We arrived in Wurzburg via train and had, for the first time, trouble locating a hotel. Seems there was a marathon Sunday and all reasonably priced hotels were booked. We also felt the effect of being without our faithful Nissan Note. The hotel we did find was a short hike though the city. We found a pub across the road and settled in to watch the champions league final. There were many unhappy Germans. The next day brought sunshine, a hike up to the fortress and mild sunburns. Then a trek back across town to the train station and our ICE train trip to Frankfurt. There were no seats so we sat on the vestibule floor. Something of a shock for $50 tickets. Kristin found a very good hotel close to the train station, and after a short stroll around the waterfront and a few more beers we called it a night. I went with Kristin to the train the following morning at 5:00 am and went back to the room to sleep. My flight was later in the afternoon, so I wandered Frankfurt a bit more and headed off to the airport. Duncan was there to pick me up and we headed to the house to see Karen , Julliette and Monty. Wish I could post pictures. They are growing! Anyway, Duncan forced fish and chips on me ( its my story) and then it was off to charge electronics and sleep. Best nights sleep I've had all trip. Kristin must have been snoring or something. Duncan dropped me at at train station this morning to take a train to Victoria Station. I took one to the Tower Bridge Station. Fortunately, I'd been there before. Found a subway and I now sit in a restaurant in London's West End, surrounded by Theatres. The Orc's Nest (game store) is supposed to be close by, and if I find it, I'll then pop back underground to Victoria Station and back to Crawley. Duncan assures me he can fetch me from wherever I end up. Good thing.

No comments: