Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Electronic warfare

As I mentioned earlier, it's been problematic getting online.  Last night upon our arrival, I put the $10SD deposit down on an ethernet cable so those of us with the mad desire to use the internet could.  There is no WiFi in the Grand Pacific Hotel.  Turns out, there isn't often ethernet, either.  Tim tried first and was unable to connect.  after a while he went down to the lobby and I thought I'd give it a try.  It worked on my computer just fine.  Then this morning Tim's machine was working and mine was not.  Now I'm on and don't dare disconnect....


The snarl to the right is our cable system.  My computer won't charge on my charger, but will on Tim's.  USB devices have no such problem.  Not seen here are a handful of other electronic gizmos that we are using.

No comments: