Saturday, October 16, 2010

Back to Friday

After waking up and showering, I wandered Duncan's country estate. It's nice. Very Nice. It turns out my apartment that I'm staying in was once the piggery. Duncan made it home and we left for the North around 3:00pm. Traffic was pretty rough and after a stop for dinner we arrived at Nottingham around 8:00pm. The checked in and headed down to the convention room where most of the fish had already arrived for the show. There are some amazing fish here. I'm still impressed with the display racks. They look so good. We then went to the bar and sat around as people continued to arrive. It was great to see people and catch up and meet some new ones. We had several pints, I don't know how many and around 1:30am left the bar. We should have gone to bed. Instead we accepted an invitation to share a bottle of 12 year old rum from Jamaica. We staggered to our room at 3:30am. Needles to say we missed breakfast and likely couldn't have stomached it if we had made it. I'm never drinking again. Ever.

No comments: