Friday, October 15, 2010

Well, the flights went without a hitch. However, we did learn that there was a strike on among immigration agents at Heathrow, so there were some delays. It wasn't too bad, in fact I think it was faster then last time. I had my little card filled out and ready on the off chance I got the snotty girl from last time. Duncan arrived a bit later and we were off to the train station at Sevenoaks to go into London. He had meetings at the Gherkin that day, I am certain the building has another name and resembles a Faberge Egg, but it does look a bit like a giant pickle. I wandered around London on foot for about six hours, wandering by St. Paul's, and the London Eye. I visited the Sea Life Aquarium, formerly the London Aquarium and then made my way back visiting the Globe Theatre and the Golden Hind before waiting for Duncan at a pub near the London Bridge train station. We then went to get Juliet and Monty, Fish and chips and headed home. Juliette is a slightly larger version of what I recall, but this time she'll actually talk to me! Monty is huge and has hair and has no problem talking to me. The fish and chips are still fantastic here. I would have posted this last night, but after 30 hours awake I couldn't get the internet to work so I slept for 15 hours instead. It's Friday Morning now and I am waiting for Duncan to get home and then we are off to Nottinghm for the convention. I have no idea if I'll have internet while I am there, so it may be a couple of days before I post again.

1 comment:

brenda said...

Oh how I miss those fish and chips! Sounds yummy! Have fun at the convention and stay away from the drinks with the cute umbrellas...... Although they are yummy, they have bad after effects......lol! MUAH! Miss you!