Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday

I think Duncan fared worse then I did last night. I was still suffering from a knock to my head that I had suffered Friday morning at Duncan's house. Apparently some builder decided the certain doorways should be about 5'8" high. It still hurts 36 hours later and I've had a headache ever since. I nearly cried washing my hair this morning. The hangover didn't help either.

We spent some time at the convention this afternoon, then took off for Meadow Lane, the home of Nott's County Football Club. We got in a bit before kickoff and were treated to a good County win 2-0 over Plymouth Argyle. The stands were fuller this year and the noise from the Kop end was great. The play was better then 2 years ago, but Nott's County were promoted into the 1st division last year so one would expect the quality to be better. The down side was that they no longer sold Pukka Pies, but the pies they had were good. Upon leaving we stopped in at the team store and I got a new scarf and splurged on a new kit. It was cold, very cold and Duncan got rather chilled so he's trying to warm up in the bath. We have the banquet to attend in a little under an hour and then if we are smart will go to sleep. If we are really, really dumb I'm told Howard saved the high end Cuban Rum for tonight.

No comments: