Wednesday, October 13, 2010

So it's been 2 years...

... since I last blogged anything. I am once again going abroad, back to the UK and the BLA Convention. This time sadly Brenda is not with me. I hadn't thought that I would blog about this trip, but here I sit at PDX waiting for my flight and I find I have the time, means and Wi-Fi. I love PDX's Wi-Fi. It's free. many other airports charge you. I'm looking at you Wayne County/Detroit. Anyway, so far, so good.
I left the house early this morning in order to take the MAX to the airport. I gave myself an extra 2 hours, both to give me a cushion and also so Brenda could drop me off on her way to work. On the way to the station 5 minutes away we overheard an announcement about MAX delays due to a car on the tracks. As I'm silently chanting "Clackamas, Clackamas, Clackamas" they tell us its at Lloyd center and the MAX is not rinning between Lloyd Center and Gateway. Guess what section you have to go through between Beaverton and the Airport? Not Clackamas. I quickly called Kevin to see what he was up to. For the record, I had parlayed for a ride earlier in the week and the timing wasn't going to work for him. I figured it was two hours earlier and I only needed to get from Lloyd Center to the Airport. It all worked out, though I fear I will owe some form of reciprocation in the future. All is well and here I sit. The only thing to worry about would be a freak snowstorm in Chicagoland or an Icelandic volcano with an upset tummy. What are the chances?

1 comment:

brenda said...

I am glad that you are there and hope that you have a great time! We all look forward to hearing about your adventure so please post as often as you can! Miss you! Love you! HUGS and SMOOCHES!