Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Collecting, Part 2

My camera had been clicking away all trip and I seem to have filled my data card at this point.  Fortunately we had plenty of room on Tim's (and it was waterproof)

I think Tim was having fun.

Te went downstream about 50 yards and into the forrest.
No grasses to deal with but a fair number of sticks and logs.

A soon to be collected stretch of river.

The loot.  Bards, rasboras, and catfish, oh my!

Clearing the seine.


Yes, Tim's in a hole.


More loot.

Seine operation is tricky, especially for us amateurs.
Fortunately our host were patient with us.

Yeah, I was having fun, too.

Imagine how many fish are in that river. 
Tim practicing the "poke and flip" technique of removing fish from a net.


It was starting to get late, so we gave our fish a water change and  we trekked back out of the forrest.

No comments: