Sunday, June 5, 2011

Greeny Aquaculture

Our next stop was Raymond's farm, Greeny Aquaculture (www.greenyaquaculture.com.my/homepage.php) 
There was so much to see here that I'll put the pictures across several posts.
Just to prove I was there.

Fishes packed and ready to go.

There were many, many tanks of fish awaiting packing.

There were many small concrete pools with fish waiting to be packed as well.

A sorting station where the fish are sorted for size.
The sorting boxes of all different sizes.

Apple snail eggs just happen.  I don't know if they breed them on purpose or not.  I should have asked.

Draining a pond.  The fish drain out as well and are then scooped out of a net in the hole.

There were a lot of ponds.
I just had to see what was in there.


Due to Australia's fairly strict standards, these fish were being quarantined for two weeks before export. 


Many tatooed fish are being exported to Iran.

No comments: